Banjo Kazooie - The Hidden Lair - DEMO available!
[Image: iTWWXt.png]

Demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdWwkJEZrQ
Screenshots below!

Original Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtbr88Pig3U

Description:
Banjo Kazooie The Hidden Lair is a passion project by me and Oldum77. It shows a possible continuation of the series; showing possible events after Banjo Tooie. It features a new area of the original Grunty's Lair, called the Hidden Lair. The goal is to have 9 worlds in the end. The hack aims to be close to vanilla in terms of feeling and charm. This is a BK hack, not for Banjo Tooie, so keep in mind that moves from that game are not present here.

Difficulty lies a bit above the vanilla game; obviously because we assume most people who play it will have played BK as well. However, it should still be relatively easy to beat. 100% can be quite tricky; many of the tokens and honeycombs are hidden quite well! Have fun!

Demo Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mrk2eelb6b...delta/file

Installation Instructions:

- Download the patch above.
- Download a Banjo Kazooie (U) [!] ROM (This is a USA ROM)
- Download xDeltaUI https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/ 
- Follow the instructions of xDeltaUI to patch the ROM.
- Run the ROM with Project64 (I actually use Project64 1.6, but new ones should work)
IMPORTANT: Memory usage of Project64 needs to be set to 8MB instead of 4MB. If Audio is sped up; make sure the game syncs with audio setting is on.

Loggo made an excellent video on how to patch a ROM for windows/mac (he uses Banjo Dreamie as example):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahnNBSw2s18

Contents of this demo:
- Post-Tooie Spiral Mountain, 2 Floors of the Hidden Lair, the first world: Harvest Hills
- Length: 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay if going for most/all collectables. 

Collectables:
- 12 Jiggies (2 in the lair, 10 in world 1)
- 100 Notes
- 8 Empty Honeycombs (6 in SM, 2 in world 1)
- 11 Mumbo Tokens (1 in the lair, 10 in world 1)

Known Gameplay issues/wip (Important):
- Grabbing vines/ropes can be a bit finicky; some angles just cause Banjo to fall off.
- Inside the barn of HH, the camera can get stuck in some angles. It was also just found by a player that you can get stuck behind one of the barrels here! (Might hotfix)
- The transformation for HH might still change, as well as the enemies.
- Some areas have frame rate problems; specifically around the barn in HH.
- Floor 2 of the lair is mainly a little teaser area.
- Many dialogs are still vanilla; that will change.
- Music around the world entrances is being worked on.

Technical Limitations:
- Jigsaw puzzles are not fully functional in this public version of Banjo's Backpack; so I had to be creative...
- Changing the dialog for tutorials can cause issues; so the Spiral Mountain tutorial is unchanged in terms of dialog.

Known Technical issues:
- Resetting the game through Save&Quit crashes the game; please use the reset option of your emulator or console.
- Some textures have borders that need to be fixed.
- Texture UVs are not ideal in some places; especially in Floor2 of the lair; which is very WIP.
- Enemy boundaries act strange; sometimes enemies can just get outside of them.
- In HH, the end of a plank is floating.

Feel free to post bugs you find here: https://github.com/Daveyx0/BanjoKazooieH...air/issues

FAQ:
- Does this run on a Everdrive 64?
~ Yes, it does! But it does have some slow downs in places, like near the Harvest Hills barn.

- Why not make a Banjo Tooie hack instead?
~ The hacking tools for BT are not in alpha state yet and I do not have the skills to make my own

- How long will it take to complete the full game?
~ A long time; work on world 2 and 3 is going well though.

- Why don't you provide the ROM? Patching is annoying.
~ That would be illegal, good sir.

CREDITS:
DESIGN, MODELS AND IMPLEMENTATION BY DAVEYX0

CUSTOM MUSIC BY OLDUM77

SPECIAL THANKS: LOGGO, JOMBO(PETTMASTER), KOOLBOYMAN, SKILL, RETRONUVA, SUPERZAMBEZI, BANJOFREAK12 AND EVERYONE IN THE BANJO'S BACKPACK DISCORD!

THIS WAS MADE WITH BANJO'S BACKPACK. MODELS MADE WITH AUTODESK MAYA. MANY THANKS TO RAREWARE AND NINTENDO FOR BANJO KAZOOIE!

Screenshots:
[Image: R8R6OL.png][Image: XwZZXV.png][Image: Zwd8Ea.png][Image: pBAx3m.png][Image: FF0AXU.png][Image: egdAsB.png][Image: kDITzd.png][Image: bfsHv0.png][Image: JMU9xf.png]
Wow, really great demo. I enjoyed anything there.
Please keep up the great work for all the other worlds! How many worlds are you planning?
(06-09-2019, 09:21 PM)UED Wrote: Wow, really great demo. I enjoyed anything there.
Please keep up the great work for all the other worlds! How many worlds are you planning?

Thanks a lot! 9 Worlds are planned currently. Currently working on the second and third world. Smile
I am definitely amazed with your work! I created an account here just so I can congratulate and thank you. Playing the original BK nowadays isn't as good as it was for me in the past because there are no surprises, but with this mod you made me travel back to 1999 when I got BK as a birthday gift and everything was new. I'm looking forward to see new releases and bugfixes. I am a developer myself but I have zero experience with modding roms, if I had I surely would help you with this project.

Thank you once again!
(Today, 02:38 AM)Btc Wrote: I am definitely amazed with your work! I created an account here just so I can congratulate and thank you. Playing the original BK nowadays isn't as good as it was for me in the past because there are no surprises, but with this mod you made me travel back to 1999 when I got BK as a birthday gift and everything was new. I'm looking forward to see new releases and bugfixes. I am a developer myself but I have zero experience with modding roms, if I had I surely would help you with this project.

Thank you once again!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked it!