Issue With Model Import, Texture looks Corrupted
Photo 
Hello! I'm working on a Twelve Tales recreation level, when importing my models for testing I noticed some of the textures look Corrupted.
I would love to know if anyone has a solution!

Cheers. Tongue

[Image: k9Xx5aA.png]
Hiya Garnet!

So there are actually a few things that I can think of for you to try when attempting to fix this issue.

First, I have to ask if you're using textures from twelve tales or if you created special textures specifically for this project?

I'm finding that if you export the files from Photoshop as png's they have to be exported as PNG-8's. This is because pngs retain tons of colors. But color is only visible on the N64 in 256 variations. So saving as PNG-8 in photoshop should allow the image to save as colors that closely relate to the n64 console.

Im also finding that the textures have to be created in a format that lines up with a pixel ratio divisible by 8. So any variation of 8, 16, 32, or 64 pixels by 8, 16 32 or 64 pixels should work.

And lastly, check your uvs. If the texture stretches beyond +8 or -7 iterations in the UV plane, stretching and data corruption may occur.

If you have questions, feel free to ask!
Thank you so much BanjoFreak12! Yes I made the textures, I tried everything you said and it worked great! Big Grin

[Image: EU0EcBJ.png]
Wonderful! Glad I could help! Top notch work, my friend! The vertex shading is absolutely gorgeous! Smile
Welcome to the site Garnet!!!!!!!! Glad to see you're still working on the recreation of those Twelve Tales levels. Looking to be really awesome!
(12-24-2018, 02:56 AM)BanjoFreak12 Wrote: Wonderful! Glad I could help! Top notch work, my friend! The vertex shading is absolutely gorgeous! Smile
Thank you I'm Glad you Like it. Big Grin

(12-24-2018, 03:41 AM)BLOODY__FATALITY Wrote: Welcome to the site Garnet!!!!!!!! Glad to see you're still working on the recreation of those Twelve Tales levels. Looking to be really awesome!

Thank you for the warm welcome I'm glad you like! Big Grin