hello & special requests
hi all,i'm a new member,i have some requests for n64 modders out there

is it possible  for people to make an n64 rom hack/mod collection for dvd or sd card that boots itself into the n64 game select for use on pc  with the following:
heaps of new n64 games like goldfinger,waluigis taco stand,showdown64 world tour,wwf legends,monday night wars,wwf new generation,flying dragon with streetfighter & mortal kombat chracters and the rest of the full ntsc n/a,ntsc-j,pal n64 game set?

it could be called everdrive64 for pc version,it must include the save/load state and cheat drop down menu,speed up and rewind

also it would be kool to release it on the n64 everdrive cartridge/sd cards,please reply any1 & thanks in (gameboy) advance
Welcome to the site, Jet Dragon! 

I'm not sure that something like that exists, but between using emulators, you can basically do that yourself. It should be possible to save PJ64 settings (like where to find your ROM library) within a zip file including these ROM Hacks so that someone on a different computer could theoretically open an emulator and play any of the hacks they want.

However, ROM sharing, even with hacks, is illegal. So sharing something with so many altered N64 titles could really spell a lawsuit. Plus, while ROM files on average are less than 100 mb per ROM (average is 64mb) an entire set of ROMs and hacks would take up a LOT of space.

I do think it would be cool if Nintendo or someone  like Valve with Steam, could anthologize these games and hacks in the form of a large database made playable (basically self emulating from a server online) for, like, a monthly subscription fee... like Netflix for Nintendo games. 

Itd be a clever pitch and a neat way to get people playing their games again. Plus, profit for Nintendo and supporting game developers would be a positive.
(10-11-2018, 05:36 AM)BanjoFreak12 Wrote: Welcome to the site, Jet Dragon! 

I'm not sure that something like that exists, but between using emulators, you can basically do that yourself. It should be possible to save PJ64 settings (like where to find your ROM library) within a zip file including these ROM Hacks so that someone on a different computer could theoretically open an emulator and play any of the hacks they want.

However, ROM sharing, even with hacks, is illegal. So sharing something with so many altered N64 titles could really spell a lawsuit. Plus, while ROM files on average are less than 100 mb per ROM (average is 64mb) an entire set of ROMs and hacks would take up a LOT of space.

I do think it would be cool if Nintendo or someone  like Valve with Steam, could anthologize these games and hacks in the form of a large database made playable (basically self emulating from a server online) for, like, a monthly subscription fee... like Netflix for Nintendo games. 

Itd be a clever pitch and a neat way to get people playing their games again. Plus, profit for Nintendo and supporting game developers would be a positive.

thanks banjofreak12,i will ask nintendo themselves about it now  Smile
(10-11-2018, 05:42 AM)jet dragon Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:36 AM)BanjoFreak12 Wrote: Welcome to the site, Jet Dragon! 

thanks banjofreak12,i will ask nintendo themselves about it now  Smile
As Banjofreak stated you can basically just make a folder and fill it up with roms then set that folder as the directory for your roms so somehow figuring something like that out would be kinda pointless if even possible. This input is probably unless though because I'm just restating what he said but yeah. Lol