Animated models in model replacement
Alright... here's the big one...

When replacing models in Banjo-Kazooie, is it possible to use animated objects? Since the primary way to replace models is by importing OBJ files and converting them to BIN files, and OBJs don't support animation, I have been wondering if this is in any way possible... I remember a long time ago I saw a video tutorial showing how to export animation data from Banjo-Tooie models and import it into Blender.

Perhaps the BIN files can be modified to create animated objects? Is this a feature that will never come to be, and if so, what can I do as a workaround?

Thanks, curious to see what you guys know.
(08-11-2018, 09:31 PM)WeirdoSheep Wrote: Alright... here's the big one...

When replacing models in Banjo-Kazooie, is it possible to use animated objects? Since the primary way to replace models is by importing OBJ files and converting them to BIN files, and OBJs don't support animation, I have been wondering if this is in any way possible... I remember a long time ago I saw a video tutorial showing how to export animation data from Banjo-Tooie models and import it into Blender.

Perhaps the BIN files can be modified to create animated objects? Is this a feature that will never come to be, and if so, what can I do as a workaround?

Thanks, curious to see what you guys know.

I am also curious about this.
Feature never really came to be. it somewhat of something works, but its really hacky and convoluted and is not released.

Theres no workaround other than writing your own importer.
Any idea if Banjo-Fella was able to get Yooka into BK through writing his own importer?

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/PcWOpC75yGg[/video]
(08-12-2018, 07:59 PM)BanjoFreak12 Wrote: Any idea if Banjo-Fella was able to get Yooka into BK through writing his own importer?

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/PcWOpC75yGg[/video]
I wonder if he'd let me use it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No that was done through the hacky version that isnt released.
Im not looking at getting a copy out of a viewpoint of respect for the creators and those trusted with a current version, but when you say that BB 1.7 was more "hacky," did it allow users to add code to the game or are you commenting more on how buggy it was?
Buggy and required quite a bit of fucking with
I feel like Id have wanted to pull my hair out using 1.7. Hahahaha. Super impressed with and thankful for the work put forth on BB. Just feel bad at all of the scrutiny people seem to throw at its creators. Such a shame that a great program like this has its haters.
Hmm... really wish I knew how to code (or even the first thing about programming) so I could maybe give it a shot. Suppose I'll just have to cope for the time being.