SixtyForums
Inability to run, Can only Walk - Printable Version

+- SixtyForums (https://SixtyForums.com)
+-- Forum: Banjos Backpack (https://SixtyForums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (https://SixtyForums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Inability to run, Can only Walk (/showthread.php?tid=81)

Inability to run, Can only Walk - Mondragon1 - 05-04-2019

For some reason, when I start editing, no matter what I do I always end up having Banjo & Kazooie (Yes this includes talon trot) only able to walk. The inability to run is globally present, including the title screen where it shows the gameplay. Anybody know how to fix this issue?

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - Brady - 05-04-2019

(05-04-2019, 12:00 PM)Mondragon1 Wrote: For some reason, when I start editing, no matter what I do I always end up having Banjo & Kazooie (Yes this includes talon trot) only able to walk. The inability to run is globally present, including the title screen where it shows the gameplay. Anybody know how to fix this issue?

Sounds like its an issue with your input. Make sure that your control stick input range is set properly. Example: https://i.imgur.com/Hmo28xD.png

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - Mondragon1 - 05-04-2019

No, it's not an issue with my control stick input range. If that were the case, the inability to run wouldn't be present in the title screen. (One does not control the title screen. When I say title screen, I am referring to that bit where the it shows the gameplay. (So you can understand, this demo gameplay starts off with banjo running and pressing B to smash into an ant in mumbo's mountain, etc. It is where it says "Press Start", before you get to the screen where you have the save files (where the first save file is Banjo-Kazooie sleeping in bed, I think the second one is them cooking and the third one is them sitting on a couch playing a Gameboy)

For me, by default this is set to 66%. But changing it to 100% and pressing save and/or use does nothing. By the way I am using Project64 2.3.0.210 if that is of any help...

Also, I know for a fact that it isn't that because if I start a file that isn't altered in the least by banjo's backpack, Banjo-Kazooie can run fine including in the title/gameplay/demo screen, whatever you want to call it.

At first I thought I must've messed with something I was unaware of so I made a new one, and the second time all I did was move a yellow jinjo in mumbo's mountain to a different location and that was enough to cause the inability to run globally present (ITRGP) glitch yet again.

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - Mondragon1 - 05-04-2019

I made some experiments and found out that the simple fact of opening it in Banjo's backpack and pressing the save to ROM (without making a single change to the game whatsoever) causes the ITRGP glitch. Idk how to combat this problem.

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - BanjoFreak64 - 05-04-2019

Have you tried saving as a rom file instead of overwriting the original? I can’t say I’ve ever run into this problem myself. Could it possibly be the region in which your room is specified? Do you have a pal, NTSC, or JP version of your ROM file?

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - Mondragon1 - 05-05-2019

No I haven't I will try doing that right now. It is a .z64 file

I tried saving as rom just now and it doesn't make a difference.
By the way, another thing that happens is that whenever the ITRGP glitch is present, it turns out that one is unable to turn to another save file (the save file with banjo cooking or playing on a Gameboy) but I think this is just part of the same glitch since it probably doesn't turn to other save file options without being able to 'move the control stick completely' in that direction.

Now when I open banjo's backpack, it says:
Error
Not 1172/1173/1F8B0900/1F8B0909 Compressed

And it has an x button you can click in the top right corner or an ok button you can click. After pressing ok, it still let's you use banjo's backpack. Apparently this only happens with one particular edited rom I have so it is probably unrelated.

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - mittenz - 05-05-2019

If the checksum of the ROM is incorrect the game limits the inputs to 1/2 range. An anti-tamper measure by Rare.

You either need to recalculate and replace the ROM's checksum or disable this check.

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - Mondragon1 - 05-05-2019

Any advice on how to recalculate/replace or disable the checksum?

Crap after 7 hours of editing, I finally tried my game and I got a fatal error. Man I give up with this shiit, there's no way of knowing what the hell is wrong.

RE: Inability to run, Can only Walk - BanjoFreak64 - 05-05-2019

I mean, I’ve had countless errors and I’m still working in backpack. Banjos Backpack isn’t the most user friendly program in the world but it’s all we have to create hacks for this game. There are people here to help you should you need it. Can you send a screen of your error? You might get faster help messages by joining the BB discord. On the top right of the page just beneath the member list is a link when you press the purple discord text.