SixtyForums
Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell: New Banjo Kazooie Hack (2020) - Printable Version

+- SixtyForums (https://SixtyForums.com)
+-- Forum: Banjos Backpack (https://SixtyForums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Showcase (https://SixtyForums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell: New Banjo Kazooie Hack (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2

Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell: New Banjo Kazooie Hack (2020) - Fadida - 01-09-2019

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a full Banjo Kazooie rom hack for the past 2 years, I will release it in 2020. I am sick of waiting for Microsoft and Rare to release a new Banjo game so I decided to create one myself with the following features:
  • 8 New Levels
  • New Hub World
  • Some Levels based on past games (Banjo Tooie, Mario Sunshine, Zelda) New levels as well
  • Harder levels

Here are some pictures of the lava Level in the game called "Molten Mountain":

[attachment=136]

[attachment=137]

[attachment=138]

[attachment=139]

I will release more pictures and a video of gameplay soon.

Thank you,

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - BLOODY__FATALITY - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Fadida Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a full Banjo Kazooie rom hack for the past 2 years, I will release it in 2020. I am sick of waiting for Microsoft and Rare to release a new Banjo game so I decided to create one myself with the following features:
  • 8 New Levels
  • New Hub World
  • Some Levels based on past games (Banjo Tooie, Mario Sunshine, Zelda) New levels as well
  • Harder levels

Thank you,
Damn that's looking good. Keep up the work. It's gonna be great if you keep that up.

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Xekon - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 07:13 AM)Fadida Wrote: Hello Everyone,

• 8 New Levels
  • New Hub World
  • Harder levels

Thank you,

Man, i really love the Hub world picture with the ruin style stuff. Can’t wait to see more and keep doing what you like Smile No need to rush

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Garnet_B - 01-10-2019

wow great work I love the mountain! I Wish you all the best with your project! Big Grin

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Fadida - 01-12-2019

Thank you all for the positive replies!

I am going to release a video of gameplay in the next month, here are some more pictures till then:

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Fadida - 01-19-2019

Here is gameplay of Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell (Molten Mountain):

https://youtu.be/hZF6pF3mDiA

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Xekon - 01-19-2019

(01-19-2019, 10:18 AM)Fadida Wrote: Here is gameplay of Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell (Molten Mountain):

Looks very good, and I like that it looks like a transformed version of Hailfire Mountains’s Volcano Side.

But there are some things I didn’t like as much but are mostly nitpicks.
1) The Lava Fall in the volcano has its texture going upwards instead of downwards which feels a bit weird when looking at it.
2) The Volcano itself seems to have multiple big but empty spaces, it would be good to have enemies and other stuff placed there so that it doesn’t feel as empty and boring to walk/run by.
3) The second and last “Wall Jumping” part inside the volcano seems a bit weird. Firstly getting up to the first platform seems to require precise positioning. It would be good to have a chain there instead, to climb up a small bit. This way everyone can get onto the first platforms and doesn’t get a feeling of too high challenge if you fall down and have to do a precise jump. Also it would be better to have 1-2 bigger platforms with an enemy or healing placed on that wall with more than 1 Note, to have a save platform and/or challenge without the feel of falling down and dying/having to start again.
4) The world (Molten Mountain) itself seems big and empty at the moment without enemies and eggs/feathers to collect. I had the same feeling in the volcano itself as mentioned in 2). This creates a feeling of boredom as you have to walk long paths without much of a challenge or reward.
5) The World Entrance doesn’t have a Sign near it, showing that it is indeed a world and not another room. This feels a bit weird but isn’t really a negative thing so far, just a bit counterintuitive.

It does look like you have a good idea and planned everything out but I think some refinements and finishing touches can help in making it a fun experience instead of it being too hard/boring.
Keep up the good work and don’t stress yourself in finishing it. Good games take time so take all the time you can and create a good game.

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Brady - 01-19-2019

(01-12-2019, 08:51 AM)Fadida Wrote: Thank you all for the positive replies!

I am going to release a video of gameplay in the next month, here are some more pictures till then:

You have some great gameplay elements! I love the Conga jiggy idea. The evnironment texturing is nice too. Keep it up!

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - Fadida - 01-19-2019

(01-19-2019, 11:49 AM)Xekon Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 10:18 AM)Fadida Wrote: Here is gameplay of Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Dark Spell (Molten Mountain):

Looks very good, and I like that it looks like a transformed version of Hailfire Mountains’s Volcano Side.

1) The Lava Fall in the volcano has its texture going upwards instead of downwards which feels a bit weird when looking at it.
2) The Volcano itself seems to have multiple big but empty spaces, it would be good to have enemies and other stuff placed there so that it doesn’t feel as empty and boring to walk/run by.
3) The second and last “Wall Jumping” part inside the volcano seems a bit weird. Firstly getting up to the first platform seems to require precise positioning. It would be good to have a chain there instead, to climb up a small bit. This way everyone can get onto the first platforms and doesn’t get a feeling of too high challenge if you fall down and have to do a precise jump. Also it would be better to have 1-2 bigger platforms with an enemy or healing placed on that wall with more than 1 Note, to have a save platform and/or challenge without the feel of falling down and dying/having to start again.
4) The world (Molten Mountain) itself seems big and empty at the moment without enemies and eggs/feathers to collect. I had the same feeling in the volcano itself as mentioned in 2). This creates a feeling of boredom as you have to walk long paths without much of a challenge or reward.
5) The World Entrance doesn’t have a Sign near it, showing that it is indeed a world and not another room. This feels a bit weird but isn’t really a negative thing so far, just a bit counterintuitive.

It does look like you have a good idea and planned everything out but I think some refinements and finishing touches can help in making it a fun experience instead of it being too hard/boring.
Keep up the good work and don’t stress yourself in finishing it. Good games take time so take all the time you can and create a good game.

Thanks for response and feedback!

1) yes I agree it does look wierd but i dont know how to make the scrolling textures go in the direction I want it, like in this case I dont know how to make the lava texture go down. So if you have any advice on that i would appreciate it.

2) There will be more items and enemies added in the final version and the flying pads are just place holders to explore. There is a problem (glitch) with the lava in Banjo Kazooie which is if you get hit by an enemy and are in hit stun while you fall in the lava Banjo will not die and sort of just float away until hes out of the mal and spawns back to the entrance of the level. So because of this glitch I can’t place any enemies by lava wich kinda sucks.

3) Thanks for the feedback on this jump part, I will take note of what you said to make this better.

4) Again this isn’t the final version of this level, enemies and items like eggs and feathers haven’t been added yet (only jiggies and notes have been added) thats why I still have those big red feathers and flying pads wich will be gone in the final release. also like I said because of the lava hit stun glitch it is hard to place a lot of enemies in this world.

5) Definitely will have a sign in the Final version. Every level in this hack will have a sign above the entrance.

Thanks again for all your advice and feedback! I will use all of this to make this game better.

RE: New Banjo Kazooie Hack Release 2020 - BLOODY__FATALITY - 01-19-2019

(01-19-2019, 07:50 PM)Fadida Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 11:49 AM)Xekon Wrote:

Thanks for response and feedback!

1) yes I agree it does look wierd but i dont know how to make the scrolling textures go in the direction I want it, like in this case I dont know how to make the lava texture go down. So if you have any advice on that i would appreciate it.

2) There will be more items and enemies added in the final version and the flying pads are just place holders to explore. There is a problem (glitch) with the lava in Banjo Kazooie which is if you get hit by an enemy and are in hit stun while you fall in the lava Banjo will not die and sort of just float away until hes out of the mal and spawns back to the entrance of the level. So because of this glitch I can’t place any enemies by lava wich kinda sucks.

3) Thanks for the feedback on this jump part, I will take note of what you said to make this better.

4) Again this isn’t the final version of this level, enemies and items like eggs and feathers haven’t been added yet (only jiggies and notes have been added) thats why I still have those big red feathers and flying pads wich will be gone in the final release. also like I said because of the lava hit stun glitch it is hard to place a lot of enemies in this world.

5) Definitely will have a sign in the Final version. Every level in this hack will have a sign above the entrance.

Thanks again for all your advice and feedback! I will use all of this to make this game better.

It appears to be based on the Mount Fire Eyes concept for Banjo-Kazooie that eventually turned into Hailfire Peaks for Tooie. It looks to have good potential. I definetly have to agree with Xekon on the wall jumping part. The way it's designed like it could prove to be very tedious and annoying if left unchanged. Not much I can say that hasn't been said. I do disagree about the openess that Xekon mentions. I kinda like it. It makes the world feel more open and free to me. Although this combined with the pop in of the N64 might make finding some notes pretty tough. Looks pretty nice over all though. I like where this is going.